Free Quotes
  • Top A-Rated Carriers
  • Expert, No-Hassle Agent Assistance
  • All Consultation Services Are Free

Florida Medicare Supplemental Insurance

Florida Medicare Supplemental Insurance

Florida is a wonderful state with beautiful oceans, golf courses and a diverse group of retirees from all over the country. Florida Medicare is unique in the fact that prices for a Florida Medicare Supplement can vary greatly—more so than most states. It is wise to compare rates from multiple insurance companies before making a decision.

We represent multiple carriers, so that we can do all the shopping with you, and answer any questions you might have along the way. This saves you the time and hassle of filling out multiple forms, paperwork, and requests, and having to answer far more phone calls than you would like.

Florida Medicare Supplement

When you are looking for a Florida Medicare Supplement you will encounter a wide range of plans and prices. It is important to know that one company might be much higher in South Florida versus central Florida. Often, the most popular plan is not the best price or the best value. That is why it is important to compare Medicare plans in Florida.

Types of Florida Medicare Supplement Insurance

Medicare Benefits Direct will do a comparison of all Florida Medicare plans types for you. However, Plans F and G tend to be the most popular and limit your out of pocket expense greatly.

We like to keep things simple. What is a Plan F? Simply put, it covers your Medicare Part A and B deductibles and coinsurance bills that Medicare does not cover. When you are on a Florida Medicare Supplement Plan F you will pay the premium and will rarely have any other out-of-pocket medical costs.

The Plan G supplement pays just like the plan F does, except for the $140 dollar (one time per year) Part B deductible for doctor’s coverage and other Part B charges. For example, if you have 30,000 of medical bills next year, Medicare will pay $24,000 (80%) and your Plan G supplement will pay the remaining $6,000 (20%). All you would pay is your $140 dollar deductible and the premium for your supplement.

Medicare supplement companies

Now that we have discussed the types of Medicare plans it is important that we talk about Florida Medicare Supplemental Insurance companies. The biggest mistake that we see in when dealing with Florida Medicare, is the idea that BCBS FL might be better or worse than say a Humana Medicare supplement. The government did something great in 1991 when they standardized all Medicare supplement plans. This means that a Plan F or Plan G with Blue Cross Florida is the same as a Plan F or Plan G with Humana. The ONLY thing that can differ is the price. That is why it is important to not only decide what type of plan you want be to look at the different Medicare supplemental insurance companies.

How can Medicarebenefitsdirect.com help you with your Medicare Supplemental Insurance?

We are independent/licensed Florida insurance brokers. We do not work for the insurance company. We work for you and have your interests in mind when looking for the best Florida Medicare Supplement. You do not have to pay us. We are paid by the insurance company if you select one of the Florida Medigap plans we represent. Give us a call today at 1 800 763-3130 X2 to find out the best Medicare supplement rates in Florida!